At 150% the TsTreeView nodes become very small

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Robert Crandall
    Participant

At first glance it does not look like the TsTreeView node images (the little triangles that point down or to the right) are being scaled. This is an image of what Iam talking about – the four black triangles vanish against the dark background at this scale and cannot be seen.

I’m poking around but not getting any ideas on what to try to fix this. Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks, Rob C

P.S. Hope the developer of this fine package is still in one piece and doing well!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Robert Crandall
    Participant

I’m still stuck on this problem. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks, Rob C

Lasse
    Participant
    Robert Crandall
    Participant

Thanks for the tip but I cannot get it to work. I’ll have to live with it for a bit longer I guess.

Thanks though, I really appreciate the help.

Rob C

Lasse
    Participant

I use dark skins a lot in my projects and you can get it working.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Robert Crandall
    Participant

Thanks, I really appreciate your help but I’m just not getting it yet.

1. I’m using the latest version of TsTreeView with Delphi 11.3. I only use the original Windows light mode and have not begun to think about dark mode yet. It just happens that the skin I am using is light text on a dark background and looks like dark mode maybe.

2. At 100% Windows font size, the treeview arrows are small but acceptable. At higher Windows font sizes the arrows are not scaled up and become too small to notice. This is my core problem.

I’m not seeing how VirtualTreeView or Windows dark mode fit into this. I have very little desire to try and figure out how AlphaSkins works or modify it. I was hoping that there was a setting somewhere that I was not aware of (it happens) but I’m gathering that is not the case.

Thanks, Lasse; like I said, I really appreciate your help.

Rob C

Robert Crandall
    Participant

Further to this, I’m running the Megademo at 200% and these same arrows scale as expected. That at least is a help to know. I will look next at my skin file to see if something is wrong with it.

Rob

Lasse
    Participant

It is not about Windows dark mode but control dark theme. SetWindowTheme is getting the control handle as a parameter.

Winapi.UxTheme.SetWindowTheme(Handle, PWideChar(‘DarkMode_Explorer’), nil);

So, you just need to decide when the used control skin is dark and then set the theme for it. These are Windows controls at their core and the arrow painting is coming there. It is also possible to draw those arrows by yourself but then you also need to decide when the control is dark.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.