NormAtHome

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: TSDBGrid shows an integer field as blank? #71433
    NormAtHome
    Participant

Anyone, a little help here?

NormAtHome
    Participant

I had the previous version to 17.10, when I uninstalled that and installed 17.10 the problem disappeared

in reply to: Delphi 11.2 64-bit Crashing #71015
    NormAtHome
    Participant

Lasse:

I followed your instructions I did manage to get it to work, it compiled and my program ran so it seems like for 11.2 it’s now working.

in reply to: Sudden exception in acShellCtrls crashing program? #70989
    NormAtHome
    Participant

Lassie:

AC Support did reply but only said “Hello and sorry for a long time without answer.
    I’m not able to check this issue now, but I have an idea that such behaviour may be linked with changes in the manifest file. I hope it can help” does that make any sense to you?

in reply to: Sudden exception in acShellCtrls crashing program? #70982
    NormAtHome
    Participant

Honestly I don’t understand this problem, 11.1 is fine no problem but add the patch 1 and AC is then broken likewise with 11.1.1 and I don’t expect 11.2 to fix this but none of these updates are supposed to be “breaking” releases. AC Support mentioned that they think is a problem in “changes in the manifest file” but didn’t elaborate and I’m stuck; I can’t update to any newer version until this is fixed because I have several project that depend on it.

in reply to: Sudden exception in acShellCtrls crashing program? #70975
    NormAtHome
    Participant

This error happens on Delphi 11.1 with patch 1 and Delphi 11.1.5 so right now I can’t upgrade to any version newer than 11.1, when you say “may be linked to changes in the manifest file” is that my applications manifest file, the Alpha Skins manifest file and what do I need to change because that’s not a lot to go on?

in reply to: Sudden exception in acShellCtrls crashing program? #70940
    NormAtHome
    Participant

Has anyone tested this on 11.1.5 to see if the problem that caused acShellCtrls to crash is fixed?

in reply to: Sudden exception in acShellCtrls crashing program? #70887
    NormAtHome
    Participant

It’s not just installing RAD Studio, that’s the easy part. It’s installing all the various components, just getting all the styles one at a time from GetIt is a real nuisance.

in reply to: Sudden exception in acShellCtrls crashing program? #70884
    NormAtHome
    Participant

You are correct that uninstalling Patch 1 doesn’t work, I didn’t want to because it’s a lot of work but I uninstalled Rad Studio 11.1 with Patch 1 and made sure to delete all the Studio 22.0 directories so there were no remnants and reinstalled and then reinstalled all components and Styles and without the Patch 1 it works without an Access Violation problem.

in reply to: Sudden exception in acShellCtrls crashing program? #70883
    NormAtHome
    Participant

Do the Alpha Controls people have an official position on this? Is this something they need to fix within AC or does Embarcadero have to issue a hot fix for this if it’s a 11.1 Patch 1 issue? I’m kind of at a standstill until this is resolved one way or another.

in reply to: Sudden exception in acShellCtrls crashing program? #70879
    NormAtHome
    Participant

Just another thought which occurred to me, this problem didn’t happen with 11.1 until I applied the 1st patch so it seems to me it may a problem with patch 1.

in reply to: Sudden exception in acShellCtrls crashing program? #70876
    NormAtHome
    Participant

I’m really in the dark and it just seems really strange, after 11.1 came out and I was testing various project to make sure there was no problem and the project in question worked fine as recently as two days ago because I’d made some minor changes. Now when I mean minor just like adding a MessageDlg to the exitclick event to ask “Are you sure you want to exit?” because I’d been having a problem accidentally pressing the Exit button while handing the tablet. So nothing major, I wanted to try a more dark theme like Charcoal Dark Slate and all I did was switch from the default Windows style to that and then when it crashed while initializing so I switched it back and it still crashed which is really perplexing. I tried deleting the project file and creating a new one, adding all the forms and setting all the options and bam, same problem. I went back to Delphi 10.4.2 and Alpha Controls 16.14 and everything worked again so at least I was able to get a working .exe until this problem with 11.1 gets straightened out.

in reply to: Time Frame for RAD Studio 11 Update Release #70335
    NormAtHome
    Participant

I removed sSelectorComboBox.Pas from the “contains” list and it worked.

in reply to: Time Frame for RAD Studio 11 Update Release #70334
    NormAtHome
    Participant

I gave that a try and I got a failure:
    Checking project dependencies…
    Building acntDX11Alexandria_R.dproj (Release, Win32)
    [dcc32 Fatal Error] acntDX11Alexandria_R.dpk(142): F1026 File not found: ‘sSelectorComboBox.pas’
    Failed
    Elapsed time: 00:00:01.6

I searched the Alpha Controls 16 directory for ‘sSelectorComboBox.pas’ and that .pas file doesn’t exist and I have the latest stable version 16.16 (13.09.2021)?

in reply to: How to change the scroll bar width of a dbGrid? #69786
    NormAtHome
    Participant

Ok I discovered that even though added to third party components the Trzdbgrid was not able to be adjusted through the Skin Manager so by replacing the Raize dbGrid with the Alpha Controls dbGrid and what I didn’t get before was that the guy who suggested this posted pictures of his example app but no code other than what I posted above; because it had a skin it was hard to see that it had trackbars on it that were being used used to change the width of the scrollbars so the code above did make sense and when I used “sSkinManager1.ScrollsOptions.ScrollSize = 34” everything worked just fine.

NormAtHome
    Participant
    'Support' wrote:

AlphaSkin is activated?

Look the attached demo, please.

Properties sSkinManager1.MenuSupport.Font and sSkinManager1.MenuSupport.CustomFont are changed there.

Ok, I understand what was going wrong. I had been setting “sSkinManager1.Active := True;” in my oncreate event but given that I had not selected a skin it would not actually become active. Once I did then menu font size did change as set in the Menu options.

Thanks!

NormAtHome
    Participant
    'Support' wrote:

Try to change the sSkinManager1.MenuSupport.CustomFont property to True also.

Also fyi, I upgraded to 14.05 and using the newer demo program (which now compiles fine) and still the same problem?

NormAtHome
    Participant
    'Support' wrote:

Try to change the sSkinManager1.MenuSupport.CustomFont property to True also.

Just tried that, still not working; I have the font properties (regular and extra line font) set to 14 point Arial and it's obvious that the font is still 10 point.

NormAtHome
    Participant
    'Support' wrote:

You are trying to compile a new ASkinDemo project where new properties are used. These properties are not known in v13.19

You can download and recompile the old demo v13.19: http://www.alphaskins.com/sfiles/stable/askindemo.zip

I downloaded the older demo and I am able to compile and run it.

As I mentioned in my earlier post I'm trying to make a change to the font of a popup menu and so far I'm not having any success.

I've added TsSkinManager and tsSkinProvider to my form; I've set the size of the menu font I would like under sSkinManager1.MenuSupport; in my OnCreate main form event I've set sSkinManager1.Active := True; but when the popup menu is called the font is still set at the default font and size.

What an I doing wrong here?

NormAtHome
    Participant

I just purchased “AlphaControls source codes one year license” and I currently have the latest stable release 13.19 installed, I see there's a beta version 14.05. Is the stable version not current enough to compile the demo? Do I need to install the beta for that?

I'll give the SpeedButton with a connected popup menu a try.

Thanks!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)